Wednesday, May 7, 2008

With 5 boys in the house there is bound to be one....

Sorry it has taken me so long to post.....LIFE in a house of boys is right!!! My laundry is in the hallway higher than my head, I have hundreds of DON EDDY basketball camp shirts laying throughout my house....(That is what it is like having a coach in the house).....I have paperwork from my photographybyAshley business laying around as I am re-working my price list and I have orders coming and going.....There is dust everywhere, and if I am not mistaken I have seen a few dead bugs laying around....YIKES!!!! Where is the housekeeper?????

Where is my mother???? Oh yeah, she doesn't clean up after me anymore.....whaaaaaaa Sometimes I wish Mary Poppins came to visit and spread her spoon full of sugar over my house and not just my kids cereal.....eating healthy, one day!!!

okay so now to my story from the above title.... There is bound to be one....Those of you who think that if you are good parents and you consistently discipine your kids you will get sweet, compliant and just "do what you want" children....Move into my house! I have to say i used to be very proud, when I saw the kid screaming in the store I would think, "What are those parents doing?" Now I say " I understand!!!" I had two kids that if you so much as threatened a spanking they would shape up. Then we had KAI...dun dun dun...I need sound effects on that one, maybe you will figue it out!

We are consistent disciplinarians, we believe in spanking in certain situations, we believe in taking away privileges, and we definitely say no! We also have fun in our home, after all they are boys! But I have one that no matter the disciplinary tactics we use he will always show me how much he wants to be in charge. And if he gets bored....WATCH OUT!
Dr. Dobson tells parents not to let kids, especially boys, get bored, keep their hands and minds occupied, I know why.
I was putting Kai down for a nap the other day, he is "free" (3), without that wonderful 2 hour interlude from playing his octave level goes up several decimals when telling me no. It was one of those days and he really did not want to sleep, although he was more than tired he was exhausted. For some reason when gets all of his sleep we go back to sleep easier, but when we miss naps or go to bed late nap time is a nightmare! After over an hour of putting him back in bed, using different "tactics" I heard NOTHING! You might say, yes that is good, he is going to sleep now, I said "UH OH" what is wrong???"

When I checked on him there was jewelry all over my floor, my blush which had previously been broken and was in pieces had now turned my white carpet a beautiful "blush" color, and he was painting himself with nail polish....Now I have found him this way before. An entire BRAND new jar of foundation with an oil base had been scooped out with a $30 make-up brush and my room had been painted.... including my 300 thread count sheets! NOW ruined!!! Brown and purple make-up all over his cute little face....

Then the other night..another bedtime disaster....Daddy was gone, never good! I went to check on him and heard water running. I found the light on in my bathroom, the sink was full and overflowing everywhere, there were femine pads in the sink, toilet and strewn throughout the room, water all over the floor, my toothbrush was in the overflowing sink as well as a headband.

All to say he will probably become a preacher one day!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Ahhhh... now that's more like it. I knew I was looking forward to another post from you. I'm totally encouraged now. We too (as you well know) are firm and consistent disciplinarians, but we too have our episodes. None quite like those two, but still, serious enough for their lives and my sanity to be threatened. :D

see the last even listed in this post... http://allisonthornton.blogspot.com/2008/03/you-know-youre-mother-of-boys-if.html

Sara said...

WE WANT PICTURES!! WE WANT PICTURES!!! :)

Sara said...

Haha...no...you're supposed to take pictures of the messes...then you can smile about them later :).