Thursday, May 22, 2008

To my Mother with Love!

Sorry this is a little after Mother's Day!






















"Give her the product of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates." Proverbs 31:31
My mom spent many hours, days and years devoting herself to me and my sister. She had a desire to raise us in the love of the Lord and see us walk with Him. That was what gave her the strength to teach and invest in us for over 20 years.
She home-schooled us yes..... but it was more than an academic education, she sacrificed her time and desires to invest in us daily, and she did not only impart knowledge. She laid the foundation to make sure we knew who we were....
Who did she tell us we are????? Daughters of a King, heirs to a royal inheritance, fearfully and wonderfully made in His image. Priceless, bought and redeemed with His blood, because of His unconditional love.
She also passed on a desire to be a wife and mother! My sister and I, from our earliest memory, desired to get married and have many children. At one time in my life I actually wanted 10 kids, 5 boys and 5 girls. She never discouraged us from that. There were never any negative comments that children are hard, and I would of course change my mind after I had a couple. She always said how wonderful that was. She really would have LOVED for us to have 10 kids....however I do not think I can deliver...pun sort of intended!!! Her joy and passion for motherhood was passed on to us as we saw her truly rejoice in each part of motherhood, highs and lows.
Because of that love for being a mother herself I am passionate about being a Mom as well. I thank you Mom for passing that on to me. Not every Mom gives their child a love for having children......but you did!!!! I love and admire you for that!!!!! We are the product of your hands and we praise you for your sacrifice!
My present to her this year was at her request, capturing timeless memories for her with my 4 boys! So here you go, I hope you enjoy!









2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

These pics are so good and I wish I could capture the moment like you do... I love it and can't wait for you to take our family photos... also the letter to your mom or about your mom was very sweet and I am thankful that it came after Mother's day bc we should always remember what are mother's did for us and remember and thank them other when a holiday tells us to do so... thanks for the reminder.

Allison said...

Awwww! You really captured their sweet individual relationships didnt you. Your letter had me all teary eyed too. Such a sweet way to honor your mother.