Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The "Queen's" Day!

Well my thoughtful husband asked me on Friday if I wanted Mother's Day early or on Sunday....it really did not matter to me so we ate at the house, before we left, then walked the mall on Friday evening. They bought me some cool shades and I even managed to save my husband quite a bit of money...I found $10 glass'! I went through at least 5 pairs last summer....and I was not the one to break them...go figure! We are on a really tight budget right now, we are not spending any money....But come Sunday, after I worked 7-1 in the Nursery, as I do every Sunday, we were hanging out at the house, I am trying my best not to expect anything. You know...laying my expectations down! Letting my family off the hook! That is so hard! I didn't care about getting a gift, that is not my love language......what speaks to me? Quality time and Acts of Service! So time with my family and a "day off" from my tasks is what I really long for on that one day of the year! But I didn't want to say anything.....I kept quiet..... until I got hungry, so I politely asked my husband what he wanted to eat. He didn't have any idea.....SO I then asked if he wanted me to cook? So I thought it might be a good idea to give him an idea for next year..... "You know Honey, I love the time we had together on Friday. I had fun and I like my glasses....but I really just want a day off!" I knew what he was thinking...we are trying to save money! I made sure and let him off that hook, "Honey we don't have to eat out, if you do not want to spend money, I just do not want to cook tonight." He is so adorable!!! He looked through the kitchen for about 20 mintues, I heard the refrigerator open, then every cabinet we have. All of a sudden he left the room, and he came back in changed in "going out" clothes......(at home he wears basketball shorts and t-shirts) He came and knelt in front of me and said, "I cannot cook! I am sorry for not thinking about it sooner...let's go out!"

I thought it would be fun to go somewhere that the boys would love. There is a place not too far away, we have been there once before, it's called Clay's. The atmosphere is family friendly and it feels as though you are in the country. They have animals, horses, goats, peacocks.....There is a sand box and balls to throw and kick.

We had a blast!!! We ate fried food, drank soda, the "boys", including hubby, played football with another family.....I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day!!! I wouldn't have cared if we had taken our dinner, I just wanted time with my BOYS!!! (and a night off..)







Here is Tate playing in the sandbox, that was his first time! As you can see he ate some as well!


























This is a GREAT example of Big brother (cautious) vs Little Brother (impulsive)

There was a drain open in the ground, one of those large cement drains. The boys were kicking the soccer ball and what do you know, they kicked it right in there. Great aim, way to go Son! Future soccer stars!
Casey, our 7 yr old, went and looked down the drain, he spent some time and put thought into his decision, he evaluated the situation and came to the conclusion that the risk might be too great for the benefit.
So Brayden came along, did he too evaluate whether the risk of what might be in the drain was worth the cost, to have the ball back? .... Nope!!! He didn't stop and evaluate the situation at all! Nor did he stop to think, "What is the best way to get in there and get the ball back?" He just went up to the drain, bent down, looked in there, and headed in...BACKWARDS!!! Of course I am LOVING it! What a photo op for the photographer. As Dad is trying to talk Brayden out to do it the "right" way...(or shall I say his way...hee hee) you know going with hands first I am saying no...no no, I love it! Let him go! As I keep shooting with my camera! As Dad is about to go through his reasoning for why he needs to do it "his" way, out comes the ball! Way to go Bray, we applaud your determination! We also applaud casey for his caution, it will work out in most circumstances!


4 comments:

sullyssite said...

Hey girly,

Enjoyed your writings and pictures! Having a day off is all one really needs to feel refreshed and replenished. When my bro-in-law called to wish me a happy m-day and I told him I was going out. He asked, "By yourself?" in a tone that said, "that can't be too fun." I reminded him that I never get alone time, which is something I need. My love language is not quality time, so although I love being with my girls, sometimes I just need to be alone to think my own thoughts. And of course, nothing like a day out of the kitchen! Looks like Clay's is a pretty fun place! I love family friendly enviroments like that! Glad you had a wonderful m-day!
love, Lizzy =)

Queen of the house! said...

Thanks....yeah it is an awesome place, maybe you can come and visit we can take you there!
I actually prefer time with my family out, rather than time alone!!! That would be a good way to torture me....David and I wereplaying a fun little game of what would you prefer...
He asked me if I would prefer "the iron maiden or isolation" that was actually a tough choice for me, I cannot imagine being isolated!!!.....but take a look at the iron maiden I finally made my choice and it wasn't what I first thought it would be!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Your boys are growing up so much... especially tate... I love it and I am so glad that you got to go out to eat... I totally understand and you handled it so much better than I... I am learning.

Queen of the house! said...

i don't think i handled it especailly well...i kept thinking if I were truly surrendered to teh Lord and HE alone is my portion...which is my goal...I wouldn't care.....
But alas I failed once again....I did have expectations.