Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Call me a freak!

Well I know this sounds crazy but I LOVE to work out! I have always been active, playing basketball Junior high through High school, running track, riding horses....for those who do not think this is a physical activity go try it....if you have not ridden before or in awhile you will be very sore....well let me clarify if you are riding one of those "near the glue factory" horses you can "rent and ride" on a trip that doesn't count.....but I would race bareback, (no saddle) through the fields as fast as I could get my horse to go which takes a tlot of muscle strength as well as NO brains ... lol I participated in several rodeo's racing barrel's, goat tying, and pole bending. I also roamed our 300 acre ranch all through my growing up years, on foot and my bike...since I do not even own an acre of land, they do not allow horses in teh city limits, and I am too old to go out for the basketball and track team..... I have found a passion in weights!

After I had Brayden I had a friend encourage me to run a 5k with her, it was just what I needed to get off that lingering baby weight...after a year....So I began running 4 miles a day and doing intense weight training. I LOVED IT! In fact I became addicted. I had never liked running before, long distance that is, but I found pleasure in it as I began and even missed it when I took off a day. But my real passion is doing weight training. It is so much fun! But right now the gym is not really fitting into my schedule, and we know with everything in my life right now I NEED my schedule.

So after putting it off for long enough, and with a cruise in sight, I decided to start running again I need to get that cruise body. Running has definitely been the best fat burner. So even outside in the Houston humidity I got started! Which has been a blesssing in disguise. I began a few weeks ago running outside 2 miles, then last week bumped it up to 4 miles everyday. So yesterday I was able to go to the gym and run in Air Conditioning....YEAH and i didn't even start sweating until after the 2 mile mark, AMAZING. I couldn't believe how much easier it is running in cool air....so I just kept on running...(Forest said)

Running and running and running.... until I had run 5 miles! Today I decided to stretch it a little more....so I made it 6 miles! I am so excited! I think I may be training soon to run in a mini triathalon.......what fun! But even if that doesn't work I may run a half marathon...not really up for running 28 miles so I will wait until I go completely insane to take that on.

School is going GREAT! We are loving it! We have adapted quite well to our new scheduled life so different for my Type B personality! But instead of the day happening to me we are now making things happen! It is so nice. And we can flexible when we need to be....last night I had to stay up very late to try and make a dent on all these pictures I have so we slept in today, and then played monopoly, which teaches math and life skills, and then we started real school.

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

You ahve always been really good about working out... I hate it and need to get back into it... I guess I should strap pierce to the bike and get on the tredmill.... I miss working out with you... you did help me... and good job on the running.

Allison said...

You ARE crazy! But then again, that's why I love ya. Glad you feel like you're getting into your groove.